Hi! I'm Ember. I use she/her and they/them pronouns. I am transfemme and genderfluid. My partner is JM who has a Zonelets blog as well.
I write about games, tools, fun websites, and my gamedev projects. I may eventually write about music and genderfluidity, but for now I'm just really interested in gamedev and tooldev.
I made this blog because I write a lot of stuff on the internet, and most of my time spent writing is in private Discord servers. I love helping people by answering their questions, but when it comes to sharing stuff on Discord or even just Twitter, it feels too easy to bat something away and forget that it ever happened.
I miss the permanence of saying "this is cool, you should check it out" and so I'd like to use this blog to outline cool projects I'm working on, as well as share cool websites I find on the internet that are either incredibly useful, or just fun and unique. I hope you enjoy whatever I end up writing about!
This isn't super professional (yet) I'm just getting my feet wet here with an html resume.
- Teaching python gamedev to kids at Under the Gui (2019-2021)
- Released 2 complete games on itch.io
- Technical writer for GB Studio beta documentation
- Server owner for a Homestar Runner fanserver with 200+ members
- Server moderator for GB Studio's official discord
- Producer for game jam game "Gargoyle Party"
- Organizer for various-artists compliation for the furry community
- Wrote, produced, and published 9 LPs and 8 EPs
- Taught drums to kids at local music studios (2017-2020)
Where else to find me on the internet
- itch.io games and tools
- Github Repositories
- Acoustic Covers (and GB Studio Tutorials) on YouTube
- Godot Tutorials on YouTube
Things I may write about in the future
This list of topics is no guarantee, I just want to keep this as a public and accountable list of my ideas for this blog.
When it comes to others' music, I hope to write about:
- artists that intruige me
- what I've recently been listening to
- interesting discographies
- openly queer music
- openly furry music
When it comes to my own music, I hope to write about:
- my ethos on songwriting
- my ethos on chord progressions
- how I write lyrics/use them in songs
- how I make peace with the process
- how I compose melodies
- my influences for each of new albums
- my ethos on mixing?